Monday, 30 October 2017

Senior Unit Update Term 4 Week 3



Welcome to Week 3 and another busy week for the Senior Unit. With less than 7 weeks to go in the school year there is plenty of learning to be done and we continue to work at inquiry into topics in new and different ways.
Here is the look ahead for this week

Exhibition                                                                                    As the Exhibition draws closer the Year 7's are hard at work preparing and developing displays for their exhibits. As with all inquiry there is always lots of work to do and with the Exhibition extra inquiry is needed. During the investigations the students have been using email to contact a range of organisation to find out information. Some of these organisation have been the Red Cross, ALWS, Zoo SA and others. These have been useful resources for the exhibition journey. The Exhibition is next week and we look forward to seeing Year 7 parents at the event to see the learning that has occurred.

Gawler Youth Summit
Last Thursday a group of Year 6 students attended the Gawler Youth summit. It was a great opportunity for the students to share about what they would like to see happen in the Gawler community and also to hear about what is happening in the town. Students shared lots of great ideas and we discussed how we can have a better understanding of events happening in Gawler. Here are some of the thought from the students from the event.

I think that the Gawler youth summit is a great thing where you can talk about the pros and cons about  Gawler and somewhere where you can think about what the local government can do and what we can do to improve Gawler.
Belle

Gawler youth summit was very inspiring It helped me speak up and share my ideas with every one
Emma

Gawler youth summit was great because it let us share are ideas and have are say about our own area for young people.
Harvey

The Gawler youth summit was very interesting it also was great because it let us share our opinions about what we should do with Gawler and listen to other people opinions about  Gawler.
Brody

The Gawler Youth Summit was really good because it gave us an opportunity to say what we wanted to see in Gawler and I learnt some new stuff that is going on around Gawler that I didn’t know before I went to the youth.
Zac

I thought the Youth Summit was very interesting. I found out lots of stuff about the town that I didn’t know previously. It will be interesting to see how much the town changes based on our many suggestions.
Layne

I thought it was fun it was cool to see what it is about.
Chad

I think that the youth summit was fun it was also really cool to meet the mayor and see what it was all about.
Kobe

I think the youth summit was a great experience to share our ideas and actually being able to positively make a difference in our Gawler youth community. I loved the area how we could be ourselves and say exactly what we thought about Gawler youth. With their creative activities so we could give our thoughts and asking for youth things to the Mayor it was worth the afternoon and I learnt so much more about Gawler than I already knew.
Ashlee

I think the Youth Summit was a great experience for young student to have a say on what think the community should look like. Lots of students had great ideas about the community. It was worthwhile.           
Sinead 
Year 6 UOI Assignment
For our last assignment in UOI with the Year 6's we wanted to look at resources. As a group we looked at what we wanted to find out, ways we could present and also how it would be assessed. It was a good experience and has supported the children in this assignment.
https://padlet.com/benj/squirrelscookingcakes

u
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             As the Year 7's continue the exhibition here is a little thought for you
u                             

No comments:

Post a Comment